However, before you make any big deci$ion you must be aware of the pros and cons of snail farming.
Pros of snail farming
- Snails have a great demand.
- Snail farming has a bright future
- As long as responsible snail raising and consumption continues, the high demand of snails will rest assured.
- Nowadays there is a huge concern about eating natural and healthy.
- Other meats have nothing on snails
- The great quality and nutritional value of snail meat can compete with poultry, pork and beef.
- Snails reproduce in large quantities and adapt to most climates
- Feeding snails is cheap and easy
- Snail food is mostly vegetables. To make them grow larger, there are low-cost wholesale flours enriched with calcium.
Cons of snail farmingLack of acknowledge on
- Raising snails: understanding their biology and conditions they need.
- Laws and regulations on your country regarding to the raise, sell, export and import of snails.
- How to start a business of this kind.
- Dealing with middlemen.